It's an untrusting, skeptical world out there. Your future clients are at the same time fearful of being scammed and desperately wanting... ...needing, to trust someone to lead them to a cure for their problem.
Right or wrong, we all look for "clues", little signs that a business (or person) is trustworthy.
If you're not proactively building these little 5 "clues" of trust into your business you're making selling unnecessarily difficult.
- Authority - We give deference to those in authority and grant some degree of trust solely based on a person's authority position. Something you can, and should manufacture for yourself.
- Familiarity - The more you know someone (or feel you know someone) the more you tend to trust them.
- Consistency - Showing up regularly, like clockwork, in someone's life...right where they expected you...shows you can follow through.
- Association - Do you associate with other people they trust? In groups, organizations or individually. This is the foundation for every referral (for the complete shortcut to getting referrals try this).
- Demonstration - This is a biggie...if I "see it with my own eyes" I'll believe it...so show them.
How many are you using today?